What are the Covid-19 rules in Lanzarote
I read two messages on Social Media, one was short to the point, the other giving more detail, both good
If you are moving/walking wear a mask
"Just a hand full of pointers to put u straight. As some are still unsure or confused.
1) Wear a mask when walking around. It must cover your mouth and nose.
2) Wear a mask when you go into a restaurant or bar and keep it on, until you receive your drink..
3) Wear your mask if you leave your table at any time (loo, or to pay the bill, and leaving)
If a member of staff ask you to put your mask on, please understand that they have to. They can also be fined, it's not personal.
4) Wear your mask to the beach if you go, and when you leave the beach.
You can take it off when you swim, or start sunbathing.
5) You don't need to wear a mask if you go jogging or cycling.
6) Smokers must keep 2 meters apart, and only smoke in designated areas. Even if you live together!!
You cannot smoke walking on the street, or when sat at your table in a restaurant or bar.
Ask staff for the place where u can smoke. They will help you.
7) You must wear a mask on a bus or in a taxi.
If renting a car, you don't have to wear a mask if alone, or with someone from the same household.
You must all wear one if travelling with someone who doesn't live with you.
😎 You don't need to wear one inside your accomodation, or on your balcony.
If you have a communal pool, the sun-loungers will be spaced accordingly, and beach rules apply.
9) When entering a restaurant, bar, or shop. Hand sanitizer will be available. Please use it .
10) Some have asked about exemptions to the rules.
If you have a medical condition that exempts you from wearing a mask. You must have proof written in Spanish.
Police are red hot on enforcement of the rules, and won't take your word for it, or a prescription note as evidence.
11) Cash is accepted still. Take no notice of the sensationalism in the media. Although it's advisable to try to have lots of change for the buses!!
The Guardia are intent on exercising the rules, please don't give them an opportunity to fine you.
Most nightlife is capped and closed off at 12.30/1am
The business owners have worked their socks off to open, and remain open.
They are as pleased to see you, as you are to be here!!
We are all in this together, and as long as we abide by the rules of the land, we will be able to continue to enjoy this amazing little island.
Finally currently as stands, the new curfew rules for Spain do not apply here in Lanzarote... the Canary Islands are currently exempt and run only on the rules above.
If I have missed anything, there are so many knowledgeable business owners that will be more than happy to advise, and point you in the right direction
Enjoy and stay safe."